Jun 30, 2010

Piano Recital with Miss Erika

What a wonderful surprise it was when I found out my girlfriend, Erika, had started teaching piano lessons. With her only living about 5-8 minutes away, it was a perfect match. And Christian does have a soft-spot for cute ladies...so of course, he does everything she tells him and tries harder than normal to impress her. She planned an adorable recital with the theme "A Night at the Movies". The students presented pieces from various movies, old and new. Christian performed "Scooby-Doo Theme". He did great. I have to admit...that only a few weeks prior I had SERIOUS doubts that he could even get through it, let alone make it recital worthy. But, with school and baseball ending, we were able to dedicate more time to it. And Christian really pulled it out in the last week. He really does have so much natural talent for music. He fights me on it...but I feel like this is one thing I really want him to be able to do. I know I am glad to have the ability. As an adult, I have found it a peaceful release and a great source of service. Anyhow...Erika's recital was so perfectly put together...with the refreshments matching the whole theme. She just does not believe in doing anything half-way. She is such a gem!

No comments: