Nov 16, 2009

Halloween 2009

Daddy and our little Giraffe (I didn't get a pic with all of the kids together=( )
I have given into the thought that I may be at least 2 weeks behind on blogging for a while...

So... Halloween....although I did not personally participate in most of the festivities...I think it was a success. The kids seemed to be happy and content with it all. Friday morning (the 30th) Christian's school had their annual Costume parade and class party...which Gammy was happy to stand in for me and take Shane to. That evening the school also had its Festival. Gammy was kind enough to take the boys to that as well...since Gavin was on call all Halloween weekend. Saturday...Gavin was on call so Gammy and Papa had planned on taking the kids trick-or-treating here in our cute neighborhood. Luck would have it that the weekend was relatively eye emergency free....and Gavin really only had to go into the hospital a few times. But we were really relieved to have great grandparents that were more than willing to make sure the boys didn't get forgotten for the holiday. Joel and I made it trick or treating for a few homes...then we hit our max and came home to pass out candy for a little while. Surprisingly, Joel even fit mostly into his costume. And...BOY was I glad I had worked out all the costume details ahead of giving birth...there is no way I would have been in the frame of mind nor energy to do any last minute costume decisions.

Anyhow...here are some pics of the fun...Gammy and Papa and Shane at our spooky house
Shane and his buddy Jack (aka Batman)
Christian's neighborhood friends on the candy hunt
Our YODA"What the heck are we doing mom?"

Our short Halloween walk....Joel loved it!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Uh, is that your "post-just-having-a-baby" body? Uh, two words come to mind: NOT. FAIR! :) You look fabulous Nans. Hope you're feeling alright! I can't believe you were out on Halloween night! My goodness. Get back in bed and milk this for all you can! :) jk, I'm sure it's nice to be out of the house. Love you!!!

Ch said...

I love the friends you have in your neighborhood. Cute costumes, Annie, football player and a doctor?.

What a good move you have made this time. I hope you stay in that area for a long time.