Nov 5, 2009

2 week update...

I promise more pics are coming...soon
I just wanted to post Joel's 2 week stats from his well-visit on Monday so I don't forget:
weight: 7 lbs. 3 oz (that means he's past his birth weight and technically could sleep for as long as he wants...unfortunately, he has succumbed to the 3 hour wake schedule)
height: 20 1/4 in....again...that means he grew 2 1/4 inches in 2 weeks...that's crazy!
head circum: 14 in (i think...i wasn't really watching that measurement very closely)

Its amazing how one little person can send so much joy and so much chaos to one family. We are so thrilled...and so tired..at the same time. Like everything else in my life, I am trying to absorb the cuteness of this newborn stage and not wish it away too quickly....all the while, remembering that things do get easier/better once the dust settles.

Here's a pic for the road...

8 comments:

Jen I said...

I thought I always heard 11lbs was the magical number where they could sleep through the night. You're just wishfully thinking. :) It doesn't matter much what anyone says though, they don't really do it at either weight, huh? Good luck. It's such an exhausting time!

Anonymous said...

You are right...before you know it, Joel will be having his 1-yr birthday party. So live it up with that lil one while you can. So is Christian bathing lil' man these days??!! :-)

Sarah said...

SO ADORABLE! i am dying here not being able to see that little guy!
Hope to see you guys soon!
Luv You!

-Ang said...

Awww, we're so happy for you guys! I completely comprehend what your going through right now. Hang in there Shawn, and document as much as you can for later reference -it goes so quick -especially with the third. Isn't it fun to watch the big bro.s with him :)?
Love yas!

Jake & Rachel said...

I had forgotten about the 3 hour sleep schedule! Hopefully that doesn't last too long for you guys. Eli just walked up and asked if that was Shane's brother!

Ch said...

Hey, Shawna: Christian is such a good big brother.... does he bath the baby?
I wish I could hold Joel.... He is such a cute little, skinny guy. There is a family in our ward, Nielsen family and they had a baby just about five months ago and named him Kye. He was so little like Joel at first... he looked cute in hats.
Love you all.
Mom

Adam and Jess said...

I couldn't agree more. I remember with Gage that I couldn't wait until he got older and things would be easier and when Paxton came I was the opposite because I remembered how fast they grow up. It's taken me so much longer than I thought it would to get my "groove" back after two kids. He sure is a cutie though, and growing sOO fast.

Taryn said...

what a fun time, Enjoy!!! and sleep too, if you get a chance!