Sep 9, 2009

The meaning of lazy

Gavin sent me a quick text asking how my morning was and what I was up to...and I almost felt guilty telling him that I was taking a "lazy" morning. My laziness was, of course, after yesterday...cleaning, grocery shopping, playing tutor and making a load of food for the Elders AND after my long weekend. Not that I am making excuses...just legitimate explanations=)
But its funny...as a mom. When I say lazy...it means after I have already gotten children showered, fed,lunch packed, walked to school,more snacks once home....and the current maintenance of a 3 year old...but it felt so delightfully lazy watching a little TV and not minding the dishes in the sink, the laundry needing folding, the beds that I am sure are unmade... sometimes I think its just what the doctor orders...especially with growing bunchkin inside=)
Here's to lazy mornings!!

3 comments:

Tami Gemmell said...

I love lazy mornings!!! Being Supermom is hard work!

sue said...

i call them mommy vactions and I LOVE them

Jake & Rachel said...

Enjoy it mamma! We all deserve our lazy mornings! Especially when you are preggo.