Aug 4, 2009

Venting...

My insides are churning and I want to scream at someone so...I will scream at my blog! I got a call as I was making dinner tonight...from a lady from the school district to inform/apologize to me...that somehow she had miscounted the number of 3rd grade spots available and because there is one less than she thought, Christian is now considered only provisional to go to tha school around the corner. We spent 15 minutes on the phone discussing the situation...it sounds like she has emails that seem it is still possible for him to go there. But she had to inform us that it is a distinct possibility he may have to be placed at a nearby school. I am SUPER frustrated! After all the stress getting in and hurriedly getting the last spot...I thought for sure the lady was joking. So...we are praying that they have a spot for him. Or, as the lady suggested, I could pitch a fit...she said because of the situation it very well may work if I did. Not really my first choice to become a beast in the new district/school we could be in for 3 years...BUT, I cannot imagine how not going to that school would impact our lives...no walking, no neighborhood friends with same schedule, no help taking Christian to school after baby is just born....I think I could go on!
Frustrated! Helpless! Dissappointed! Angry! Hormonal!~(why would they do that to a pregnant lady?)Sad!....Yet, hopeful, prayerful and faithful!!
Venting over.

3 comments:

sue said...

It is good to let it out, then it lets you see clearly. But what a bummer, how not nice of them.

Ch said...

It all sounds frustrating. I am not happy either about putting your whole family in this tailspin just because people are not through enough!

It would seem that they could make room for just one great boy! What is wrong with them.

Elaine said...

DEFINITELY time to pitch a FIRM, concise, and calm Pregnant Lady fit...they'll forgive you after the baby's fit. Don't give in! Love you guys!