Aug 6, 2009

Milestone for Christian


Tomorrow Christian turns 8 years old. Tonight 8 years ago, I laid in Tri City Hospital laboring with pitocin inducing my labor...while Gavin was on a long flight back to SD after his 1st day of medical school in NY. If I remember correctly, Gavin arrived at the hospital at midnight. Then Christian was born at 9:56 AM via semi-emergency C-section. And the journey with him has been a dream. He was/is an amazing 1st born...he did everything perfect and contrary to the stereotypical normal baby...he slept well, ate well (well...nursed horribly..but ate well) and was so perfectly mild mannered. And has continued to do so. We are so lucky to be his parents and he teaches us every day. He adjusts amazingly to new circumstances...something neither of us ever had to do nor think we could have...I mean, what kid do you know is starting at his 4th elementary school and is only beginning 3rd grade=) And how many children do you know that have been under anesthesia 4 times by the age of 8 years old for surgical procedures? I know we are terribly bias about him....but we really are impressed by his resiliance. We could go on endlessly, but mostly we just think he's an awesome son and brother and athlete and kid=)
At any rate, Happy 8th Birthday Christiano! We love you so very much!!

9 comments:

Ch said...

Happy Birthday Christian!!

I remember holding you when you were only about a week old, a very handsome grandson. I am sooo glad you are my first grandson.

You make the world better by being the person you are. Wishing you lots of love to you. We are excited to see you in about two weeks.

Grammie Staley

tatum said...

aw! what a sweet tribute from a mom. i hope you let him read this, too. xo

Jen I said...

Seriously, makes him sound so mature for his age. What a great kid!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Christian! It was so good seeing you guys while we were in town. I've missed being able to see you! :( Love you guys! (And I hope the school situation is working out!) LOVES!

Tynel Jarnagin said...

We were thinking about Christian yesterday as we were celebrating Adam's birthday! I hope he had a wonderful day and hope things work out with the school situation! Miss you guys~

Anonymous said...

Christian is the perfect child! It's too bad he started out the pack to make the rest of them not just look bad, but really bad!!!:-)We are excited to celebrate his BIG birthday just a little later.....

Steve and Stephanie said...

Hey Shawna! I found your blog today and have loved seeing your family and what you guys are up to :)

Taryn said...

Happy Birthday! We think you are a pretty awesome kid too!

Jake & Rachel said...

I hope Christian had a great birthday!! And I hope he still gets that spot at the school.