May 12, 2008

Year of a Million Dreams...



This year has already been a grand treat of many fun things...our trip to Orlando was truly magical! Does it get much better than Disney, family and beautiful weather?!

We met all Gav's family there in Orlando where we stayed at Orange Lake Resort(thanks to Gav's parents). It was an awesome set up where we all stayed in 2 HUGE 3-bedroom condos.

Our schedule went like this:

Day1- travel to FL

Day2-had to try and re-issue our thrown out tix (disney was SOOooo accommodating)... then a full day of MAGIC Kingdom

Day3- Animal Kingdom

Day4- Relaxed at the Resort and enjoyed all the amenities...lazy river, multiple pools, gym...

Day5- Hollywood Studios

Day6-Epcot- WARNING: I made the mistake of closing my eyes on MISSION SPACE- a flight simulator mixed with G-force spins....not such a wise choice. I was a bit green!

Day 7- MAGIC KINgdom Take 2...we split the big group and went on some of the smaller rides for Shaney. Then met up at Rainforest Cafe for a Finale dinner, where I kids fit in quite well with the local animal noises!

Day 8- Played at the pool until we left for the airport.

So, Gav flew with us until Houston, then I took the boys on the last leg of the trip while he turned around and went back to FL (Ft. Lauderdale this time) for an ophthalmology conference. After all of the exhausting fun in Orlando, I got to pull us all back together to get back into normal life.



We had been to Disney World twice previously and I have to admit I was a little less than enthusiastic about making yet another trip, in a year's time. But,I have to admit, this was a trip my children will remember for a lifetime. To get to spend 8 Magical days with their cousins and grandparents was truly priceless (okay, actually quite priceY but well worth every penny). I also have to admit that I was a little nervous about being in such a large group for an extended period of time....and I was so pleased to have walked away with such positive memories of the trip. We love our family and miss being close to them while we pay our dues to a medical career. Hopefully, this trip was a good bridge to close the gap our kiddos sometimes feel between all the fam, that get to see each other all the time, and us, who have lived various places outside of sweet home SAN DIEGO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you went to Disney AGAIN - but it's different when the WHOLE clan meets you there...you are right - there is NO better vacation than Disneyworld!!! NONE - and no one can tell me otherwise....

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

Man, you guys have been BUSY!!! At least it is all fun (a trip with kids and w/out)! I am trying to convice my fam to take a big Disneyworld trip next year.