Apr 29, 2008

M-I-A


These last 3+ weeks have been such a whirlwind of fun and celebration and craziness...hence my missing in action on the blogging board. I had a wonderful birthday...above is a pic of some of what we did. Gav took me away to San Antonio for my birthday weekend. We stayed in a beautiful hotel on the RiverWalk, ate at one of my favorite restaurants, took a 4 mile run Sat. morning along the RiverWalk, then played at Six Flags. My actual birthday was equally great just being with my little family. I was overwhelmed by the well wishes...and mostly by my sisters tribute on her blog. So, now that I am another year older, and maybe wiser...the next two weeks we went to Orlando for 8 days with Gav's whole family (which is a whole other post...to come!) and then Gav had to go back to FL for a conference. So, I have been a single mom for 6 days! He comes home tonight...and we are all a bit excited. Just keeping up on everything by myself has been quite a task. And trying to recooperate from DisneyWorld....well, that just hasn't happened quite yet. Yep, still have a half full suitcase on the floor. I am such a procrastinator unpacker...I just pull the dirty stuff out, wash it and then pull from the suitcase until I have worn the remainder of the clean....efficient?? Probably not the best approach.
Anyhow, Gav has the laptop and all the pics from Disney....so we will do a big post when he returns and I can think again!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Ha! I just got back from Utah the other day and have totally been doing the same thing with my suitcase. Too funny. I hate unpacking. Anyway... glad you're back, glad Gav's back, glad I'm back... I'm just glad. :)
Love ya!

Rondo Family said...

Sounds like a way fun birthday but sad that Gav had to leave you for so long:( I hate being all alone. I'm glad you're not alone anymore:)

Shandra and Christian said...

Hi!! We fly out tomorrow. When are you guys coming? Can't wait to see you guys!!!