Feb 2, 2008

Pure Exhaustion...

This morning we were ecstatic that all the things that were going to bog down our Saturday had been changed, cancelled or just plain avoided. So, we contemplated what to do. Its a lovely 72 degrees, intermittant sun and clouds, a bit windy. The final decision was to go on a family bike-ride...our first since being here in Texas. I lead the way...thinking I'll take them on one of my running routes...because its SO much easier/quicker to ride a bike than run. Half way on the route...already complaints and tiredness beginning. So Gav introduces the idea that we need to re-route and go to the new McDonalds down the road we passed a while back....so we backtracked and headed to gross greasiness. Its new and clean and has a pretty dope play place. So I get the boys all food and Gav mentions that there is no way we are going to make it back home on bikes with lazy, whiny boys ( and Shane has a little fever)....so I rode the rest of the way home and got the truck to pick up my lazy boys.
We get home...and I make my shopping list and head to a Superbowl crazy market. When I return I find my boys like this:

Wow, I really did wear them out...what a bunch of weenies~ can't hack a girl bike ride!! But they all looked so cute, I just couldn't bring myself to wake them to help with the groceries...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is precious...

lacey said...

Thanks for the smile- I laughed at your sleeping boys.... maybe I should try the SAME EXACT outing and mine would all fall asleep like that. Ryan needs little sleep and my children have been "cursed" with his gene. I tell Ryan someday when they are all teens and want to sleep a ton- NO WAY. Paybacks from Mama.

Dave and Loralee said...

soooooo CUTE! Isn't it the best when you're kids fall asleep unexpectedly? That means you can go sack out too :) Well, unless you're the mama and have to put away the groceries and get dinner started :)

Debbie said...

Too cute. That's funny. Way to go my buff and tuff cuz. :) Love ya!

Ch said...

I have to say this is one of my favorite pictures that you have online. Something to cherish, the boys at your house.
MOM