Mar 18, 2010

Mini-man soccer debut

this is actually a feat in and of itself...4-5 year olds waiting in line for a turn! Truly a novelty.
here is shane in slow-mo (he know's no other speed) and his buddies Sam (in fast-mo) and Jack (in observation mode)

Shane as goalie. blocked one goal. otherwise like a fish out of water.

Shane has been playing soccer with his buddies on Friday nights. Well, I am not sure I would really call it soccer. Its more like WWF/tag team wrestling/bee-swarming...with a few kicks. Its not really anything like what Christian was playing at 4 years old. But I think it was a good introduction to sports for Shane. He is a little less athletically inclined than Christian...but he tries-which I am glad. And perhaps with more practice/time...he will be a great athletic machine. It really is my comic relief of the week to see what goes on down on the field. Its a great time.

4 comments:

Trish said...

We Love the Mini-Man! Go gettem Shaney!

Ch said...

GO Shane! I would like to watch you play... that would be awesome.
Shane playing tag and racing to get to home every day.... soon you will be very good.

Shawna that made us laugh.... we needed a good laugh; we support you in your sports for your children.

Debbie said...

Ah... so sweet. Little Shaner. What fun. :) Can't wait till my girls are doing something I can go watch and cheer for. :)

Packard Adventures said...

Haha! I love your commentary! Looks like you guys are doing great and having fun. Can't wait to see you again.