Apr 21, 2009

The last of all birthdays...



Isn't 29 when people stop aging...or I guess stop counting...so this is it for me. I had the last one!

My favorite quote for next year was awesome..."I can't wait to turn 30 so people will take me seriously!" AWESOME!! Is it true? People can automatically tell you are no longer a naive 20 something and have life experience enoigh to be considered a serious adult. Well, I hope so...because I am on my way!

I had a pretty regular day on my actual birthday...but it was good. Christian had a baseball game that night...and hit me a home run for my big day. Some of my girlfriends took me to lunch on my actual birthday...which was good...unfortunately I had a busy 3 year old so I felt out of it. Then the next day more girlfriends took me to lunch...this time WITHOUT my busy boy...and it was much more relaxing. I was spoiled from everyone...and was grateful for all the well-wishes. I am always amazed at how people can remember random birth dates...I wish I was personally better at that!

The weekend brought the rest of my birthday celebrations....Friday Gav took me out to a cute bay-front restaurant in Port Aransas. And yummy homemade dessert locally! And Saturday Christian offered to sacrifice his manliness to take me on a hot date to the movies to see Hannah Montana. Which, me and my pregnancy hormones cried at...and I really thought it was cute...well done! Christian was a trooper...a chick flick just for his mommy!! He did make one last ditch effort to save himself and offered to see the Dragonballz movie...I declined. My Christian is a treasure. He is much like his daddy...very thoughtful and often very aware of people's feelings! Thanks everyone for a wonderful 29th birthday!

7 comments:

The Life of Blights said...

That's funny! I stopped having birthdays at 29 too!! Though I have to say that my "30's" have been the best couple years yet. It just gets better:) By the way I love your preggo counter, I'm going to "borrow" it:)

Sarah said...

That little cake thing looks really yummy! I saw the comment you put on my blog, and realized you must have put up a new post! It was an exciting moment for me...=) Shane and Christian looked soooo cute in those easter pics! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Tell them i said hi!!

coolest cousin-Sarah

Jake & Rachel said...

well this is late, but happy bday! It sounds like you had a really great couple of days! Christian is such a sweet son too.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a fun 29th year! I loved it and I was SOOOOO dumb to actually be "nervous" to turn 30 because it's not any different :-)We are only as old as we feel - but if that saying is true, then why are you wanting to be older just for people to think you more mature??!! I wanted to be older just so people would think I was at least 20!!!

Camie said...

Happy last Birthday. Enjoy year 29! Unlike Denise, 30 freaked me out, but I lived. :)

Debbie said...

Ugh that I missed your birthday! Happy way late birthday Nans! I LOVE YOU! And I'm still waiting for you to show up at my door!! :)

The Bright Family said...

it's 29 when you stop??? I stopped at 25. oops!