Nov 19, 2008

Of late...a lame blogger...

I have been in a blogging funk. My creative juices are lacking and although my life feels hectic...I am almost afraid to put it all into text--for fear I will jinx something, or maybe just realize the weight of current happenings.
So lets start off small...
Soccer-- the season finished last Saturday. We had the best coach ever...I don't say that just because she's my best girlfriend here....She was really great with the boys. I think they all learned from her...I know Christian had a blast!
PTA--sometimes it is an eye-opening thing...I want to be involved...I sometimes don't like feeling guilty that I am not THAT involved
Shane--that kid is so very 2 almost 3....nearly every day he speaks more, discovers more...and is more mischieveous. He ran away from me 2 times at the mall, yesterday

the bigger stuff...
Still on the mission to get prego...after a minor surgery, a few strings pulled...we are looking at lots of avenues...and doors are opening for more help...keeping the faith!!
Gav's Ophthalmology Residency.....the biggest thing right now in our life...it is certainly more competitive than we had ever thought. Gav is applying Navy & Civilian...keeping his options all open...in hopes we can get a spot at a program somewhere. Ophthalmology has been his passion in medicine for as long as he has been certain that medicine was going to be his choice career. He has honestly worked his butt off to make it happen...we have not always taken the most conventional route through medicine...but this was supposed to be the pinnacle of his career hopes. Stressful....YEP! That would be a major understatement. Costly...YEP! Prayerful...like you wouldn't believe. I hope He is still listening to my endless pleadings...sometimes inaudible~ So our dates of interest are December 17th and January 15th....we'll see how this all plays out!

Mix in church responsibilities and work craziness and seasonal ailments...and that sums up my lame excuses for being away from my blog!

6 comments:

Jen I said...

Um minor surgery? Sheesh! You've been so quiet! Life is crazy, isn't it? Some of us get more babies than we ask for, some have a struggle to get any, some don't even ask and find themselves getting one anyway...
So sorry, I can't even imagine how frustrating that is.

But I can imagine how frustrating the ophtho stuff all is! Good luck!

Jen I said...

What? Nooooo. I better not be! Just saying we asked for one and got two.

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Hang in there! It will all come out in the end... I know, easier said than done!

Ericka Johnson said...

I'm sorry things are stressful right now. I understand the frustration of working towards something for a long time and then hitting an unexpected wall. You and Gavin are good folk though, and that counts for something, no question! :)

Anonymous said...

Crazy times will be taking this post and viewing it next year around this time. Let's see how different your life is then??!! Your family is SOOO good at making the most out of every situation - and this one isn't any different! Love you Nons (as Debs says)!!!!

tatum said...

hey lady, i've been feeling in a funk lately too. so many things going on, so many things that cause stress. i hope you're feeling better. i've LOVED keeping in touch w/ you thru blogging!!! really appreciate all your thoughtful comments. xoxo