Jun 9, 2008

Summertime in South Texas...


So here we are, officially in the midst of summer. The kiddos have been out of school for a week now. And we've already done a bit and established some good routines:

Gym first thing in the AM

Swim lessons Wed-Sat (which usually means we stay at the pool for several more hours)

Summer Reading Club at the Library...this is my newest excitement...that my kid LIKES to read and reads for fun. When he has the option of reading or TV or even playing something else...he has actually been choosing a book. As one who didn't care to read as a kid, I am SOOO glad he likes it. It will make his school years so much easier. Especially since the expectation of reading is much more than when I was in school.

Beach, when its not too windy, and usually when Gav comes and can help the boys go "sursing".


So far...things are going great. I have to admit I was a bit exhausted by the end of last week. I am hoping it becomes more clockwork as the weeks go on. Already, it was a million times easier to get to the gym by 8:30 this morning!

3 comments:

Joy said...

You are lucky you have a beach to go to I am jealous! We did get to SD for some beach time a few weeks ago. But since I am going to have the new little one I think on July 7th kind of eats up most of the summer for traveling back. For me it is already almost too hot here to go outside and play...and the pool is still cold!

Taryn said...

I am impressed with you super busy kid packed days. Your such a good mom!

Anonymous said...

I am surprised at how well you are adapting to weather I originally thought you would suffocate in. It just shows how well you can acclamate to wherever you are living, eh?? Okay, almost anywhere...