May 18, 2008

Beach to Babe


My Cheering section at the end of my length

5 of 6 of the Team...not the best but its all I have!

Saturday was a beautiful day here in Corpus...slight breeze, low 70s, mix of sun and clouds...a perfect day to RUN. A bunch of girlfriends from our ward and I ran the Beach to Bay Relay Marathon. It was a total marathon length, broken up into 6 legs. I ran the 4.8 mile length from the front of the Air Station to the back gate of the Air Station. It was such a neat experience to have with our new friends here in Corpus. And, I have to mention, I did run a personal best for races. I am NOT a speed runner. So my 7.9 min/mile was definitely a record. Plus, it was my longest race so far. Thus far, I have been perfectly content with 5Ks. It seems my next feat will probably be a 10K...maybe after the summer heat is over I can look for a fun location!


So- thanks ladies for making a fun memory!


As a side note...we forgot our camera (of course) so the only pics we have are from our cell phone cams with great quality...but they're better than nothing!

6 comments:

Ericka Johnson said...

Thanks Shawna! I had a great time!!

Taryn said...

I am so impressed with you guys! I think you totally ROCK!

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

That's awesome! You guys look great!!!

Adam and Jess said...

I love to run, good for you. I was going to sign up for a half marathon last winter and threw out my back but it won't get me down. I hope once we get settled in PA I can sign up for something. Is that how you stay so fit? Man, between you and Denise you put us cousins to shame.

sue said...

so I read your blog all the time and I figured I should let you know. By the way I am totally jealous of your run time and rock on for running!!!

Debbie said...

You astound me. I totally wish that I were into running so that I could look as good as you (well... I don't think even RUNNING could do THAT for me, but you know...) :). You're so awesome Nans. And I agree... we need to play again sometime soon. Let's start checking our calendars to plan a day.