Feb 14, 2008

To love and to be loved...



Valentines Day... perhaps it was Hallmark's way to make more money...but I am grateful for making a big deal about loving people. My Gav was raised by a mother that makes each holiday pretty special...and he learned a few tricks from it all. I awoke this morning to cute cards and treats Gav had put out for the boys. And my loot was on the counter...but there was an explaination needed. He had been up until 3am trying to make my new digital keychain work...all to no avail...so instead he had spent time making a slideshow online with pictures of us two (music and all). This is huge for a man who HATES intricate technology and time consuming projects. Anyhow...I was really impressed. I just feel bad that he missed out on so much sleep for something that took me all of 20 minutes to work. It just makes the gift all that more special!

We also received cute homemade valentines from Christian saying "I love you Mom" and "I love you Dad"...he's so big. And he was so pumped that today was Valentines Day.

Gav and I got to sneak in a movie and a meal together with no kiddos...thanks to my lifesaver and one of the best things here in Corpus, Shirley!....Have you ever found a friend that you know you were always supposed to meet? Yep, that's her. I've met a lot of great people in our travels around America...and I am continually amazed how we are put in people's paths at certain times and are so enriched by strangers that soon become life-long friends. Thanks Shirley!!

Happy Valentines...we love y'all too!!!!




4 comments:

lacey said...

So, where's the slide show? And, what is a digital keychain? Like the "Clapper" type thing or something?
Happy Valentine's Day!
ps- there is only ONE, UNO, SINGULAR baby in there Shawna!:)

Ch said...

That key chain is like what we made for Grandpa Lundskog's 80th birthday- he was given a digital picture frame for Christmas. We put over 100 pictures on it for him and his family, to view.
YEAH, Gavin. You are a wonderful guy. You are just wonderful people.

Ed got me one red rose, cleaned off this last snow storm for me and tried to fix the leak in my suspension line on my car. He went to serve at the Utah food bank. We went to the temple the day before and had an awesome meal. I cooked valentine cookies and frosted them.. If you were here I would have given you a lot. They were nicely decorated like I did my cake decorating. We also spoiled each other with chocolate covered almonds, dark, milk and white covered ones in a small box.

Love you all.
I loved the pictures I got of the boys.
MOM

Ch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rondo Family said...

Gavin that is too too cute! I love it when boys go all out for stuff! Since Lance and I have our anniversary so close to Valentines he takes care of anniversary and I do Valentines. I love it when they go the little extra mile to make it that much more special... so, hats off to you Gav!