Jan 18, 2010

Reward: Disney with cousins



I've been meaning to take the kids to Disney for the last little bit. With the end of my pregnancy and then a newborn and recovery...3 months later...we made it. I was using it as incentive for Shane to stop having wet pull-ups at night. He needed 4 nights of dry pullups...and it worked. He can do it...he chooses not to permanently...but we are working toward it slowly but surely. And Joel LOVED all the lights and sounds...he did really well. It was a lot of work to take 3 kids by myself to Disney...but it was worth it for them! We found out that Shane was tall enough to ride all the rides in Disneyland except Indiana Jones. Despite him saying he would not like it, I forced him to go on Splash Mountain....and he LOVED IT!! of course!! Then the flood gates opened and he rode Thunder mtn.,matterhorn, soarin'....and wanted to go on Space mtn...but the wait was too long for 8pm at night. So, he will get to try that one for the first time with Daddy when he gets to come with us in February=)

2 comments:

April said...

you're a brave girl to go alone to disneyland of all places! looks like you guys had fun!

Trish said...

That was fun! Although, it took me all day Saturday to recover....I haven't stayed that long in a long time! And I was sore! Shaney looked like he had a great time being a big boy!
PS-it'll take some time, but I will be able to refer to you as SHAWNA (that was hard) :-) HEE HEE