Oct 18, 2009

Bluer than blue....

Not exactly the post I was wanting to do the night before having our sweet baby. So here's the story. I went to the hospital this afternoon to do the pre-operative stuff, admin, lab work. I proceeded to the labor and delivery unit to get the instructions there. The boys and Gav were all with me...exicted to see where they all were born...again. The lady at the reception desk informs us that no visitors, including siblings, under the age of 15 are even allowed on the floor, let alone back in the rooms or nursery area. Apparently, the CDCs recommendation to hospitals is being inforced full fledged. What does this mean? (sniffle, sniffle)
Well...it means that my boys are not going to be able to meet their new little brother until he and I are discharged from the hospital. Do I understand the precaution? YES, of course. Do I think its rational? yes...but boo. Is my whole mental plan of how this was all going to play out completely foiled? ya, pretty much. Its just another frustrated expectation thing. With plans made and arrangements in place, it has thrown a wrench into what I thought was a perfectly laid plan. So much for being a great planned c-section. Now, I just want to get in and out of that hospital so our family can all meet each other and be together. Anyhow. So for the current moment, I am bluer than blue. Sad that my really excited big brothers will only see pictures of their little brother for the first 3+ days of his life. Darn swine flu. I'm off to see what changes need to be made to my plan...

11 comments:

Jen I said...

Labor NEVER goes according to plan, don'tcha know?

But GOOD LUCK!!!

Taryn said...

Sorry about the whole thing! Good luck tomorrow, I can't wait to see the pics!

Rondo Family said...

bummer:( I hate it when people get in the way of a perfect plan. Well, GOOD LUCK with everything today. I can't wait to meet Baby Bob:)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see this lil (and I mean super little) bambino!!!!!

sue said...

Boo. That totally stinks. I hope the three days pass quickly

Barbara said...

i totally think you should name him either robort for BoB or joel!! by the way this is barbara sarah's friend!

Barbara said...

i totally think you should name him either robort for BoB or joel!! by the way this is barbara sarah's friend!

lacey said...

Thinking of you all!

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see Baby Bob!=) hope everything is going great!

Jake & Rachel said...

That stinks! I would be bluer than blue too, having the siblings come to the hospital is all part of the fun. But what can you do? I hope everything goes well and you and baby are healthy! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Adam and Jess said...

It sounds like you've had the baby by now and I can't wait to see what he looks like. I wouldn't want to feel like rushing out of the hospital either:(