Aug 18, 2009

Watching over us...

This year has been a re-affirmation to me how closely the Lord watches over us. On so many occassion, the Lord has heard and answered our prayers. On so many occassion, he has tested and tried us....and thus, strengthened us. Probably, preparing us for this new year of change and new jobs and new everything.
So...the latest greatest news....we listened to our voicemail last night before heading to bed late...and realized, the school across the street had called to confirm that Christian had indeed gotten a spot there and that he will find out today who his teacher is and who is in his class. I felt an intense sense of relief and gratitude...knowing full well WHO had provided that for us. Christian is not here so he does not know yet...but I can only imagine what that little man is going to feel. He deserves it....and I really needed it. Gavin was almost nearly excited as I was. And although its very last minute, school starts on Thursday, we are most grateful and humbled!
YEAH!!!!

7 comments:

Jen said...

We are so GLAD he got in too...especially in the same class as Bryce. Christian seems like a great boy! I figure the more good examples our kids are surrounded by, the easier it will be for them to CTR.

Dave and Loralee said...

YAY! I'm so glad it all worked out! how was his baptism?

Taryn said...

Yeah! One less stress! I love the pictures of you and I can finally see you with a belly. You look so great!

3WimmerBoys said...

And we feel so blessed you guys moved in right down the street, and then Christian got put in Jacob's class. It's going to make it a great year! We are so glad you guys are here! Your blog is cute, thanks for linking me!

Sunshine said...

Thanks for linking me to your blog - it's so cute! I'm so excited to do enrichment with you! P.S My hubby's name is Scott, not David. David is my bro...sorry for the confusion! ;->

Debbie said...

YEA! So how's school going?! Are things crazy yet? Or are you getting adjusted? Wow, that seems like school started way early. Crazy. Anyway, love ya!

Adam and Jess said...

Sounds like you had a lot of family for the baptism and things are going well. It's good to see pregnancy pictures of you too!! I always think it's so crazy to see people change so fast, and then in one day start to change back. We've come to realize how much the Lord helps us too, especially with moving away from family and friends and "starting over"