Aug 30, 2009

Baptism Celebration

Last Saturday, August 22nd, Christian got baptized. It was so wonderful. We had a lot of friends and family that came near and far for it. We had my sister and her family staying with us...as well as my brother and his new wife...it was a full house. But, surprisingly, it went well. Family came into town on Friday...and OF COURSE, the beach and weather were Lame! (odd, because this last week after they all left, we had crazy hot weather up and near the 100s)
At the baptism, Christian changed into his white jumpsuit....but then refused to come in and sit for the program. He was too embarrassed...he thought it looked odd. Which it didn't, its what everyone wears...but try telling that to my 8 year old very particular son. FINALLY, I promised him he could hide behind my belly and come in...whatever works! Other than that silly glitch, the whole thing was great. After the baptism, everyone came back to our place for some dinner...thank you Stouffers=) It was fun to have everyone over...I still can't believe there were 50 or more people here. Here are the very few pics we got of the weekend...I was a little pre-occupied.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a FUN weekend! Anytime with family is super exciting but I must say, you guys did yourselves well in that cute neck of the woods. We love your family, friends and neighborhood. Can't wait to come again!

Adam and Jess said...

That must be crazy to say you have an eight yr old. I don't know if that was even a maternity dress, but it was so cute. How fun to have so much support from family. I hope this year goes better for you than the year of interning. I feel the same though, people don't know how hard it is until they go through it, it's CRAZY.

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

Wow 8 years old! Congratulations Christian. Imagine eating outside - your definitely not in Texas anymore!