May 26, 2009

Renewed Faith in America and California

With today's Supreme Court decision in California, voting so predominately in favor of upholding Proposition 8 and the voters voice in the matter...I have found a renewed faith in our judicial system and in the righteous will of good Americans. As we are readying ourselves to move back to CA, I will not deny we have had some hesitations on moving back to a state that has been so liberal minded and has continually moved down a path of less-than-moral lifestyles. Especially after having lived in the South, especially TX. Although not prime location or perfect, we have loved living where our children have been taught respect, love for our country, good old-fashioned values, and where moderation and conservative thinking is honored and well-loved. In FL, when Christian sang "God Bless America" the first month we lived there...I realized how liberal CA really was. There is little hope he would have been taught anything with the word "God" in it at a public school in California.
Anyhow-- I am just very glad that our judges in CA heard the voice of the people...not the angry minority...and have upheld God's most important institution...the family...with a father and a mother. What a huge success for good!

8 comments:

tatum said...

woo hoo!!

Becca said...

I totally agree, but I was hoping for some other news on the blog today, if you know what I mean!!

Jen I said...

I was glad you posted this today because I hadn't heard about it yet. Need someone to keep me in the know.

And WHAT?!?! Are you serious?? Oh man. Good thing I'm waiting a few years before getting pregnant again. Maybe they'll stock up on girls by then. But really, the three boy club is very popular. I know so many friends with three boys. Maybe we can both shoot for #4. :) Still exciting though. Congrats!

Ch said...

Ed and I were restored in our faith in the Court system in California. I hope while you are there, it does not change. But I know it will be a fight.

Sarah said...

Wait a minute... i read that second comment by Jen - are you having a boy or something?! You gotta let me in on these things!!!

Ericka Johnson said...

I was very pleasantly suprised with the ruling! Nice to see something good happen for a change. Good luck with your move. You will be missed here in Texas!

Jake & Rachel said...

I honestly didn't think they would uphold the vote but I was so excited when they did. I love CA and I couldn't imagine settling anywhere else but the liberal climate worries me too. But kids learn the most from home and family so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Good luck with the move, I can't wait to see where you end up!

Sarah said...

Come on! Your in California with the coolest family EVER, and you haven't posted about it!!??
The crazy people these days....