Apr 5, 2009

The L O N G E S T post in world history!

Where do I begin...I feel like I am so behind on the details of the last month and more. Beginning of March started with Christian's pre-op appointment in San Antonio...and while we were there we saw our earliest pic of baby peanut. We confirmed there was ONE baby and it was growing well. But at 6 weeks it was too early for a heart beat. The evening before Christian's appt was decided to check out the plane replicas in the field nearby the hospital. The boys had a blast...it was beautiful weather...and the boys were being so cute.

Shane decided he knew all the "stories" on the plaques and read them all to us=)

When we came home the next evening after the appointment, we got our offer on the house. So...more excitement...like I mentioned in earlier posts...we worked out the details and we were in escrow. We were leary that the buyers wanted to close escrow on March 31st...from the date we worked out the details...it was less than 25 days for them to get all their funding in order. But we scheduled our movers anyhow...and I got a call on March 24th....a week before closing...saying the title company all ready had the closing docs and that everything was good to close on March 31st. So we scrambled the week before to find a furnished rental out here on Padre Island. But, ended up finding a little 2 bedroom villa that works great for our family. Our home sold and closed on time. Our movers showed up on Monday the 30th to pack the boxes and the 31st to move it all out. It is quite the whole process...I remember why I don't really care for it. I mean....really, I should hardly complain in the many moves, I have only had to do it once ourselves... but it is still ultra inconvenient and certainly an adjustment for all involved. But...the home sold and we cannot complain in this economy. We were certainly blessed through the process.

Goodbye cute 1st home Back to mid March. The 16th Christian had ear surgery...I only got 2 pics because my camera wasn't charged. He was being hilarious before the surgery...cracking us and all the nurses up. I wish I would have had it on camera. And certainly when they gave me some sweet meds to "relax" him for the surgery...he started getting really loopy.We had the surgery then went up a week later for the follow-up...which I already wrote about...but have a few pics for... Then last weekend...Christian had his 1st baseball game of the season...which despite his ENT doc being leary, he still played...and he played fabulously...he got a gazillion outs in the pitcher position....and hit his 1st in field home run and pulled in 2 more runs! He had opening ceremonies for Bball, baseball pics, a birthday party and his first piano recital all last Saturday.Ice Cream after the recital...um...sugar high!!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

So how's the rental?? Ahhh... I miss your 1st home already. :( When do you make the move to Cali?? Let me know if you need anything!

Jake & Rachel said...

WOW, it has been so busy for you guys. I hope you can just relax and enjoy the beach for a bit until you start the moving business again! I'm sure you're more excited about that one though!

Shandra and Christian said...

Wow busy lady! So much going on. I'm glad you will be on the West Coast now, we will be able to see more of you guys! We are coming out to CA in August...lets meet up!

Taryn said...

Busy, Busy Bees! I hope all is going well!

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Love and miss you guys!! I'm so glad your home sold and that Christian is recovering well! Are you right on the beach now?

Sarah said...

Christian-you are such a baseball star!(from what I can see =)) I am totally looking foward to going to one of your games once u move here! Love you!