Feb 7, 2009

Almost ready...and hopefully baking...

Two quick notes of update amidst the hectic life we are living currently...
-Our home is almost ready to list...we have been, with the help of Gammy, prepping everything for our video shoot on Monday. The game plan is to list it by Wednesday. Once its all prepped, I am hoping it will not be too much to keep up on. While it won't be a breeze, I keep telling myself to do a little touch-up every day and it'll be looking sharp for any showing at any time. And I will pray it sells quickly (and not at a loss=())
-On the IVF front....the great news, for those that kind of understand the whole bizarre process, is that I had 30 follicles, recovered 24 mature eggs, 21 fertilized....and they transplanted 2 embryos on Thursday. What next, you ask?? A long 2 weeks of waiting to get a blood test to confirm/deny that they took! I honestly CANNOT even fathom doing that again. If only for that mere fact alone, we are PRAYING that those babies found a safe warm home in my uterus. For you fertile women out there that look at your husbands and get prego...you better thank God an extra little bit tonight for all the pain/anguish/suffering you have been saved!! I just sat in an OB/GYN room full of women who would give everything and then some to have a baby of their own. Babies in all shape and size are TRULY miracles from the beginning.

18 comments:

April said...

yeah!!! we're praying for positive results for you guys!!

miss you!!

Annie said...

We'll say an extra special prayer for you guys :) I hope all is succesful.

Erin said...

Shawna, I could not agree more about babies being miracles, but even more so, healthy babies! I think people look at me like I'm crazy when I talk to passionately about things like that...but it is truly amazing to me that people have normal, healthy babies.

We will keep you in our prayers! I mean seriously, how could Heavenly Father resist sending his babies to such a great family?!

lacey said...

I just.... think you are heroic... I am really speechless. I will pray for those sweet little babies... and hope the suffering will be soon forgotten.
lots of love.
ps- it's Davis in regards to my post. Oh how we hope!

Rondo Family said...

Babies truly are miracles! So now are you preparing for the option of multiples? How exciting:)

Erin & Danny said...

I hear ya! As someone who has gone through the adoption process, I have really realized what a blessing and miracle babies are. And I married into a family of women who just look at their hubbies and get pregnant :) No matter how they come, it is a miracle and the right babies come to the right families at the right time. You will be in our prayers!

AnnCP said...

Guess we shall add you to our prayer list!

Brittany said...

Oh Shawna! You guys have gone through a lot. Babies are miracles and I KNOW that and appreciate it. With the whole IVF thing, sounds like you have a good thing goin on. That's a lot of follies!
The 2WW is always the hardest. I am convinced its even harder when you have invested so many tears, stress, money and time into it. I will be praying for you guys and keep us updated!!

Taryn said...

lots of prayers coming your way from us!

Taryn said...

lots of prayers coming your way from us!

Jake & Rachel said...

Babies are miracles no matter how they come!! We'll be thinking of you and praying for you! Hang in there!

Jen I said...

Ahhh! So much anxiety! I hope you get two little buggers out of there!

Dave and Loralee said...

We have to wait TWO WHOLE WEEKS to find out?? haha-like it's as hard for us as it is for you. I'll be checking back a LOT to find out the second you post :) we'll pray HARD.
LOVE YOU!!!!

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

We will be thinking of you and praying for you, and hopefully awaiting some good news soon!

Ericka Johnson said...

Praying that the two weeks goes by quickly and the news is good!

erika said...

Well, we have been looking for someone to pass our twin stroller along to :) We will continue to keep you in our prayers and PLEASE keep us updated!
And good luck with selling your house too. You have alot on your plate!

Chadlee said...

Good luck you guys. I didn't realize IVF was such difficult process. It's interesting to hear about it. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but we're hoping it works!

Anonymous said...

Sending you some baby dust!!!