Nov 29, 2008

Crazy TURKEY weekend

Happy THanksgiving weekend to all y'all!!
This week off of school for Christian flew by...
Monday -trip to SA for another ear check up. The good news is his ear healed so well and has no problems that we don't have to go up for another check up until...March when he will have surgery #2.We went to our favorite theater/restaurant called the Alamo Drafthouse...order food while you watch the movie. Shane LOVED this huge doggy AD.
Tuesday...Christian had his first piano recording session...we'll see how it turns out
Wednesday... got ready for Thanksgiving, delivered food baskets to some needy in our ward, Jen and I went and saw TWILIGHT. I may get some flack, but I have to say I was a little disappointed. Hopefully #2 will have more a budget for better special effects ( please make it less hokey/more realistic)
Thursday...Woke up EARLY to make it downtown for the Corpus TURKEY CHASE (4.1 miles) on the bay. It was MUCH warmer than last years run...but still fun. I was so glad my girlfriends came and ran it with me! Just as a side note...it was my best race yet...I paced at 7:46/mi and placed 3rd in my age group!!!! Home to shower and cook while Gav went surfing (only in So Texas!)! Dinner was delicious and perfect at the Browns (minus grouchy, pesky Shane who obviously didn't get the memo that it was THanksgiving day!).But Shane found himself some new girlfriends...
Friday...despite being completely razzed by Gav...my girlfriends and I got up at 3AM to hit the sales. We were much more successful than my previous attempt at BLack Friday. And it was serious Good times...lots of sleepy, ridiculous laughter! Returned home at 930AM to an anxious husband ready for the beach on a 84 degree day! It was fun but I am still tired...slowly catching a few extra moments of rest here and there.
Saturday...Gav left to NY for 7 days then VA for 1.5...then maybe home (unless some last minute interviews pop up).
Sunday...the boys and I went to church alone (good times with the 2 year old!) and Gav got to go to church in our old NY ward...did I mention I am SOOOOooooo jealous he gets to be there in NY?
Tomorrow we are back to normal routines...amongst the ever pressing matter that Christmas is now officially the next holiday and something wonderful to look forward to!

7 comments:

erika said...

Looks like a wonderful, crazy weekend! Congrats on your race time. I'm very impressed. Are you guys coming to San Diego for Christmas? We'd love to see you if you are!

Jen I said...

Aw! I'm SOOO jealous he's in NY. At Christmastime, no less! I miss NY terribly. And holy cow, you're a running machine. Can you burn some calories for me while you're at it?

Rob and Jennifer said...

Shopping was totally fun! we for sure have to get together again soon but i agree, no more 3 am trips!

Anonymous said...

What a great Thanksgiving!!! How fun for EVERYTHING! The picture of Shane and Jen (??) I really had to pull up larger to see if it was YOU, Shawna, or someone else. I didn't even recognize my own sista!! Plus, you have an almost twin out there....:)

Jake & Rachel said...

You are so crazy!! I can't believe you went shopping on Black Friday. I always think the money I saved is well worth it for my sleep because I never do catch up. Looks like you had a busy and FUN thanksgiving week! GOOD LUCK Gavin with the interviews!!

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

Busy,busy...good luck to Gavin on his interviews. I am still keeping good thoughts for Colorado!

Anonymous said...

can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks