Sep 15, 2008

My Baby's all grown up...


It was a sad moment Sunday evening to take apart the crib and store it. But as much as I was in denial, Shane is 2 and a half and ready to be a big boy...bed and all!


As a mom I find this all bitter and sweet...I hate to see him not be my little baby....but am so relieved to be done with the baby stages. I was certain that we would not have to put away the crib this time...that another baby would come before that moment. Boy was I wrong. I am very grateful that I know my Heavenly Father has a plan for me...because my finite mind often wants things my way on my time...and I am humbled by his all-knowing plan for me and my family. I do hope, however, the time will come shortly for another bunchkin to come....faith and prayers!!

6 comments:

Jake & Rachel said...

Well my prayers are certainly with you too! Hang in there. You can borrow both of mine if you want ;) I'm about due for a break anyway!!

Ericka Johnson said...

A big boy bed and big boy undies! Wow, he is getting big! He is such a cutie.

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

He is a big boy! I understand what you're saying - things certainly have not happened in our time frame. Hang in there, hopefully it will be soon.

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Shane is so adorable!! I, too, know the Lord has a plan for you- it's so hard to wait though. I'm sure looking back you'll be able to gain understanding and perspective. Hindsight is 20/20 though~

Adam and Jess said...

I had to wait years before Adam was ready to even talk about number two, so I know how you feel. Luckily now I realize that thru those years, it would've been EXTREMELy hard to add another to the mix. I'll keep you in our prayers.

Patty said...

Just learn to savor every minute. They do grow so fast!